Saturday, July 28, 2012

Movie Review: Kya Super Kool Hain Hum..Kya Bakwas Hai!!


This one’s a no brainer – and I mean this in every sense of the phrase possible. The only reason I was keen on watching this sequel was because I had quite a few laughs with the original that released a few years back. If I had been given quite the same helping I would’ve been satisfied, but nothing could have prepared me for the bizarre, crude and downright amateur stuff that Kya Super Kool..has to offer. Forget Super..this one’s not even Kool..not by a long yardstick
This is usually that part of my review where I start off with something good about the movie..and I am actually struggling. Other than a handful of clever quips, most of the one-liners make you cringe, hold your head in frustration and wish that you’d never ventured to the hall in the first place. Gone is the nicely paced setup of the original offering, with decent characters, interesting situations and absolute laugh out loud sequences. Instead, what you get is an all the time in-your-face motley collection of one-liners distributed across dialogues, no story to speak of and absolutely nil connect with the characters. The somewhat saving grace is some of the song and dance, but that’s also probably because Dil Garden Garden is a clear lift from the Flo Rida hit – Right Round (from Hangover fame)
In the acting department, Riteish is in good form but this time doesn’t have the dialogues to support him in his fairly comfortable comedic avatar. Of the others, it pains one to see a veteran like Anupam Kher playing the role he does in the movie, though he still manages to bring a laugh or two due to his performance alone.
To expect any depth whatsoever in a movie made purely for the purpose of fun is a stupid expectation and I went in with none. What I did hope for was at least some of the laugh riot that the original had presented if not an all-out entertainer. What I got instead was a mind-numbing barrage of useless one liners that left me dazed. If this is not warning enough then probably your mind is numb already and Super Kool..couldn’t possibly do more damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...